THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2019
The 47th annual Downtown Partnership Monument Lighting will take place Thursday, December 5, from 5-8pm in Mount Vernon Place. The West Park will be transformed into a holiday village with food and community vendors; the North Park will be merry with food trucks and bars, and the South Park will feature family-friendly food vendors, children's crafts, face painting, photos with Santa, and more.
2019 Holiday Village Vendors List Coming Soon...
Check Out Last Year's Vendors:
- JBees Jamaican Me Crazy Inc.
- Funtastic Foods
- Vagrant Coffee
- BricknFire Pizza Co.
- Thin Blue Smoke LLC
- Pasta La Vista Baby
- Baltimore Waffle Company
- Pratt Street Ale House
- Nando's PeriPeri
- The Urban Oyster
- Delmarva Popcorn
- Magdalena Restaurant
- The Verandah
- Akbar Restaurant
- Farm to Charm
- Dizzy Cow
- Mexican On The Run
- Deddle’s Donuts
- The Green Bowl
- Flash Crabcake Co.
- Kooper’s Chowhound
- Gypsy Queen
- Baltimore Main Streets
- Domino Sugar
- Horseshoe Casino
- National Federation for the Blind
- Baltimore City Recreation & Parks
- Southern Management Corporation
- The Residences at Sutton Place
- 500 & 520 Park Avenue
- Zeke's Coffee
Kids Corner - 2018
Enjoy free activities for families in the Mount Vernon Place South Park including face painting, balloon twisters, stilt walkers, crafts, and free photos with Santa Claus. Bars - 2018
We have bars provided by London Court Beverage in each park that is activated during the festival: the north park, west park, and south park. Beer and wine will be sold for $4, cash and credit accepted. ID required. Alcohol must remain inside the event festival footprint.
Collectible Monument Lighting posters will be available at the Downtown Partnership tent. The 2018 artwork was designed by Post Typography.
Follow us on Facebook
for Downtown Baltimore events and promotions.
Fun facts about our beloved Washington Monument in Mount Vernon Place
• In 2015, the Mount Vernon Conservancy restored the Washington Monument with a multi-award winning restoration.
• Baltimore’s Washington Monument is the first monument to honor our first president. DC’s Monument wasn’t completed until 56 years later.
• Baltimore’s Monument is 178’ 6” tall, including the statue of Washington which is over 16’ tall.
• The statue of Washington at the top is made of three marble blocks, weighing in total over 11 tons.
• The Monument is made of white marble from three quarries in Baltimore County.
• The Washington Monument is open to the public Wed.– Sun. 10am-5pm. The gallery is free. Climbing the 227 steps to the for timeless views of the city of Baltimore is $6 for adults and $4 for children. Proceeds support keeping the Monument open to the public.