THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2019
The 48th annual Downtown Partnership Monument Lighting will take place Thursday, December 5, from 5-8pm in Mount Vernon Place. The Park will be transformed into a holiday village with food and community vendors, food trucks, bars, photos with Santa, and more.
Baltimore Restaurants & Vendors
Baltimore Waffle Company
Dizzy Cow Food Truck
Flash Crabcake Co. Food Truck
Gypsy Queen Food Truck
Kooper’s Chowhound Food Truck
Mexican on the Run Food Truck
Neopol Savory Smokery
Pratt Street Ale House
The Big Bean Theory
The Urban Oyster
City College Choir
Morgan State Choir
Horseshoe Casino Giveaway
Stop by the Downtown Partnership tent during the Monument Lighting to enter to win holiday treats from the Horseshoe Casino.
- $150 gift card to GDL Italian, one night stay at the Royal Sonesta, and $75 in slot play
- $100 gift card to Guy Fieri’s Kitchen and $50 slot play
- $200 gift card to Gordon Ramsay Steak and $100 slot play
If you cannot make it to the event, there are other ways to win. Email email@example.com
by Dec. 5th with the subject line: Horseshoe Casino, and follow @DowntownBaltimore
on Instagram to get details on a special social media opportunity. Must be age 21+ to enter to win. (Must be 21 years or older to gamble. Know When To Stop Before You Start.® Please play responsibly, for help visit mdgamblinghelp.org or call 1-800-GAMBLER. ©2019, Caesars License Company, LLC.)
Follow us on Facebook
for Downtown Baltimore events and promotions.
Fun facts about our beloved Washington Monument in Mount Vernon Place
• In 2015, the Mount Vernon Conservancy restored the Washington Monument with a multi-award winning restoration.
• Baltimore’s Washington Monument is the first monument to honor our first president. DC’s Monument wasn’t completed until 56 years later.
• Baltimore’s Monument is 178’ 6” tall, including the statue of Washington which is over 16’ tall.
• The statue of Washington at the top is made of three marble blocks, weighing in total over 11 tons.
• The Monument is made of white marble from three quarries in Baltimore County.
• The Washington Monument is open to the public Wed.– Sun. 10am-5pm. The gallery is free. Climbing the 227 steps to the for timeless views of the city of Baltimore is $6 for adults and $4 for children. Proceeds support keeping the Monument open to the public.